Amelia Island & St. Marys
We are grateful that hurricane Ian stayed out to sea as it passed our area. Our coastline is the Westernmost point on the Eastern Seaboard, in the elbow of the Georgia bight (an inward curve in the coastline) protecting our coast from many storms. Our hearts go out to the people affected by the hurricane and our gratitude goes to the public service men and women who have worked tirelessly to secure our cities.
The Adaptive Cottage
3 bed/3 bath 1,966 square feet
When you build a dream home, many people want to make sure they will be able to stay in place as they age. The Adaptive Cottage is a forward thinking design, with features to create a forever home.
This single-story home has all the amenities you would want in a coastal cottage – including ample porch space – and it’s built with practicality in mind. The design includes the option to add a ramp from the garage area to the rear door, as well as baths that feature zero-entry showers and slip-resistant flooring.
Home photos courtesy of Southern Living Home Plans.
Proud partner of the Southern Living Builder Program.
All homes must be approved by the Design Review Board prior to building.
Check List for Relocation
Considerations for Relocation
Why this Area is a Great Place to Live
When considering an area to relocate, there are many factors to consider. Here is a check list and reasons why St. Marys & Amelia Island are great places to relocate.
1. Climate. The climate in this section of the coast is sub-tropical. The summers are an average high in the 80s and winters are an average high in the 60s. The frequency of storms are very low.
2. Culture. The area is friendly and neighborly. Awards such as “Friendliest City” and “Best Island to Live” have been awarded to cities within our region.
3. Proximity to a Major Metro Area. We are conveniently located near Jacksonville, Florida, with excellent health care, including the Mayo Clinic, shopping, museums, theatre, symphony and national sports teams.
4. Cost of Living. The cost of living tends to be lower than other areas, especially in St. Marys.
5. Quality of construction. Cumberland Harbour Homes are custom built and made to endure.
6. Outdoor Activities. Year-round biking, hiking, swimming and kayaking are just a few of the areas highlights.
7. Beauty. Enjoy 200 year live oak forests, expansive, pristine beaches, and historic cities.
8. Taxes. Low property taxes and retirement exceptions are a big check for Georgia, and Florida has no personal income tax.
9. Insurance. Insurance rates for St. Marys are much lower than other coastal areas.
10. The vibe. St. Marys & Amelia Island have a homey, relaxed atmosphere with many exciting things to do.
We welcome you to experience living here through our Discovery Tour!
Atlantic Salt Discovery Tour
Play, Relax, Explore
Enjoy the charm of St. Marys & Amelia Island. Stay in downtown accommodations, explore luxury private communities and see all our area has to offer.
Obtain the Property Report required by Federal law and read it before signing anything. No Federal agency has judged the merits or value if any, of this property.
This Website is not an advertisement or solicitation to purchase or sell property in states where prohibited by law.